Thank you all for the responses.

@Lior: I have reviewed the change you have mentioned (FLUME-2994). If
we manage to have the code done and +1/2-d soon, I'll commit the
patch.

@Denes: the change looks good to me. I'll leave some time for others
to review, though.

@Saikat: I've wanted to put integrations in the User Guide for Flume
for so long. For example Flume with Spark (
http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/streaming-flume-integration.html
).
I know it is available on the internet and I don't think we should
increase redundancy this way, but I'd really like to have such
examples in the docs.
What do you all think of this?

Misc: any help with the tickets I've mentioned in my last e-mail would
be super welcome. (Even just triaging them and maybe deciding if they
are not that important as I first thought.)

Thank you,

Donat