Currently rpms are handled by downstream projects like Apache BigTop as
well as commercial distributions. So in my view it's a duplication of
efforts there, particularly since BigTop and distributions based on it also
harmonize dependencies to a certain extent and we mark many of our
dependencies as "provided".

So it's possible but not sure it's worth the effort since Flume depends on
so many other projects like Hadoop, HBase, etc

Mike