As nobody has objected in ~48 hours, I'll open a pull request about this soon.

Regarding the whole site thing: AFAIK, the site contents have to
reside in SVN, because that's how ASF infrastructure works now.

First, I'll work on moving the Developer Section to
https://github.com/apache/flume , then we'll see what else we can do.

Thank you,

Donat