Hi All,

I have cancelled the RC1 vote because the source tarball was missing 90% of
the required source code.
It seems it was the same issue what we experienced during the 1.7 release:
somehow the flume-checkstyle module interferes with the assembly plugin
causing that none of the modules will be included in the source package.

Back then the issue was solved by removing the flume-checkstyle module from
the 1.7 release:
https://github.com/apache/flume/commit/38b5b3a7ed98cedaaef2b9351518a9fe09703a05

I did some trial and error and I was able to fix this eventually by:
a) changing flume-checkstyle's parent to flume-parent instead of the apache
parent. This in itself breaks the build, so I had to
b) set the packaging of flume-checkstyle to "pom"
This fixes the packaging issues plus some other weird problems we bumped
into during the release.
Please have a look on my pull request and check whether Flume compiles and
the packaging is ok (after running an mvn clean install check
the
flume-ng-dist/target/apache-flume-1.9.0-SNAPSHOT-src/apache-flume-1.9.0-SNAPSHOT-src
directory, it should contain all the modules). (It worked on my machine,
but I'd like to have some extra verification)
https://github.com/apache/flume/pull/174

Once this is committed I'll continue working on the RC2.

Thanks,
Denes