On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 4:41 PM, Mike Walch <mwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> I assume you are referring to the preInit() method in the documentation
> below:
>
> https://fluo.apache.org/docs/fluo-recipes/1.1.0-incubating/export-queue/
>
> Yes, this should be called in a Main method before initializing Fluo.  You
> can still initialize Fluo using "fluo init" command but you could also
> initalize Fluo using the Fluo API.  Below is example main method that does

There is a problem with initializing from the API in 1.1.0, it will
not set up Fluo's server side code that runs in Accumulo tablet
servers.  Running Fluo init does set this up in the bash scripts.
This is fixed for 1.2, it was moved from bash to java code.  So in 1.2
the API and the command line both set this up.