Hello,

I’m looking into using Fluo to develop an event based notification system that
incrementally generates events of increasing complexity.  The one issue that
I’m running into is how to handle the non-event event.  That is, Fluo (as I
understand it) is not well-suited to handle the following request: “generate a
notification if no events of a given type have occurred within the last 24
hours”.  This is because it is a push based notification framework that only
generates notifications when things actually happen.  So the question is, has
anyone looked into developing a service for generating notifications at regular
intervals (even if something doesn’t happen) that works with Fluo?  I’m toying
with the idea of creating some sort of Twill application that tells Fluo to
wake up at regular intervals to generate a notification about the set of events
falling within the given time window. Before doing this I just wanted to make
sure that something like this does not already exist, and I also want to get a
sense of how bad an idea it is to delegate some of the logic of this periodic
notification service to Fluo.   Would it be better to separate out the temporal
portion of my notification request to be processed entirely outside of Fluo to
avoid transactional overhead?

Caleb A. Meier, Ph.D.
Software Engineer II ♦ Analyst
Parsons Corporation
1911 N. Fort Myer Drive, Suite 800 ♦ Arlington, VA 22209
Office:  (703)797-3066
caleb.me...@parsons.com<mailto:caleb.me...@parsons.com> ♦
www.parsons.com<https://webportal.parsons.com/,DanaInfo=www.parsons.com+>