Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
Ross Gardler wrote:
...
All that being said, Forrest could be made to support both a separate file or embedded data (there are use cases where the simplistic solution is the best one). The problem with this is that we will have two locations for storing the same data - could be confusing for users.

IMHO the least we have to worry about is to confuse users. I have seen that if there is a simple and a more complete way, users would not get confused.


The only confusion would come out of using both methods at the same time, with clashing metadata values. Ouch!

I'll browse the web for 'rdf in html', 'xhtml metadata' etc to see how this is defined elsewhere. I want to try to reinvent the wheel the least possible.

And I did :-)

From what I read it seems that making it possible to embed in xhtml *and* be able to king to a metadata file is the solution to pursue.

Informative Opinion
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/legalxml-econtracts/200401/msg00026.html

XHTML2 Metainformation Attributes Module
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-xhtml2-20040722/mod-metaAttributes.html

<link> to the Metadata
http://infomesh.net/2002/rdfinhtml/#link

FOAF Auto-Discovery: Publishing and Linking FOAF files
http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/#sec-foaffiles

Using Dublin Core
http://dublincore.org/documents/usageguide/

--
Nicola Ken Barozzi                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
            - verba volant, scripta manent -
   (discussions get forgotten, just code remains)
---------------------------------------------------------------------



Reply via email to