On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 21:36 +0000, Ross Gardler wrote: > Thorsten Scherler wrote: > > On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 15:59 +0000, Ross Gardler wrote: > > > >>Thorsten Scherler wrote: > > I'm only going to reply briefly to most of your points. But I will be > brief (well brief by my standards ;-)) because of the conclusion I come > to. I recommend reading to the end before replying as you may find it > saves you time (I sometimes reply as I read).
:) I like your style ;-) I will wait with my answer after the weekend, but just some things: >Well my proposal is replacing skinconf and moving all the relevant parts > to a plugin specific configuration. Again, I'm having difficulty > understanding how this is different from your proposal (other than > document syntax). I see it on a per document basis not only on a plugin basis. > OK, I see your point. I am still lost here since the position of the > content does not affect the content. This is still presentation detail > and therefore not part of the fbits. You are right, like I said in [RT] forrest:templates practical experience "FURTHER REMARK: In xhtml the differents between nuggets and fbits is not really practical, in INX it is. In the fbits plugin (that we should rename to 'contracts') I am focussing for now just on html and I would rather call nuggets and fbits 'contracts' then trying to seperate them. This is because the processing for both are not different." >position of the > content does not affect the content -> yes, that is right but you can want to influence the content itself (e.g. different rssFeed for different site, ...) > <forrest:nugget name="print-link" class="formatButton"> Really I like it, that would be the way to go. > > That would solve another thing that I do not like on our current skinconf. The color tags are not self explaining. > > I would like them in the element that they are changing. > > IS this worth the trade-off of an unfamiliar syntax for CSS designers > and reduced reuse? hmm, I thought about something like: <forrest:nugget name="menu" class="menu"> <color value="#F7F7F7" link="#000000" vlink="#000000" hlink="#000000"/> </forrest:nugget> All other points I will answer hopefully after the weekend. salu2 -- thorsten "Together we stand, divided we fall!" Hey you (Pink Floyd)
