On Sat, 2005-03-05 at 23:59 +0100, Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> >> Some other question: (Of course) I'm trying to automate patch creation
> >> as an external tool in eclipse.
> 
> RG> Much better is to install the subclipse plugin, right click on the files
> RG> or directories you want to create the patch of and select Team > create
> RG> patch.
> 
> Thanks! Installed that and found a whole new world in my Navigator. I
> really like Eclipse!
> 
> However doing a test create patch, I found the patchfile to contain
> absolute pathnames once again:
> 
> RG> --- 
> P:/forrest/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.OpenOffice.org/resources/stylesheets/openoffice-common2forrest.xsl
>  (revision 156284)
> RG> +++ 
> P:/forrest/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.OpenOffice.org/resources/stylesheets/openoffice-common2forrest.xsl
>  (working copy)
> 
> So does this not matter when you apply that patch later on? I figured
> relative pathnames starting from root of my repository where needed to
> make the patchfiles universally applicable.
> 

Yeah, you are right it is better to do something like (linux env)
svn diff . >patch.txt

in the shell of your choice.

salu2
thorsten
> --
> Ferdinand Soethe
> 
> 
-- 
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!" 
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Reply via email to