Tim Williams wrote:
I apologize up front for being a pest while you guys are prepping for
the release but...

I started my queries into sitemaps with the cocoon:/ && cocoon://
protocols but now I'm starting to wonder whether we have other sitemap
related issues too.  (Not issues in the sense of bugs, but issues in
the sense of overly verbose code).

Currently, in most, but not all of the subsitemaps there are duplicate
transformer, generator, serializer declarations.  Because the parent
sitemap components are available to the subsitemap components I don't
get why their sprinkled so liberally across subsitemaps.

It could get a good cleaning.

At one point in time, someone -was it Jeff?- worked through them to put in the main sitemap only the declarations that are common accross *all* subsitemaps, and locally declare components that are specific to subsitemaps. Of course, some duplication can occur.

Personally I would be fine to put all declarations in the main sitemap, as it makes it clear what our dependencies are.

WDOT?

            - verba volant, scripta manent -