Thanks for that pointer David. Cyriaque actually fixed the same bug in a
different way. So no need to apply this to other versions.

> This seems like a strange place to be handling processing
> instructions and xml comments. The FOR-555 indicate that
> there is a wider issue.

Did look at FOR-555 and my understanding was that it was meant to remove
namespaces that had wormed their way into the final output.

Handling PIs and probably comments separatelly is necessary because of
the way they are treated differently in xsl and can't be 'unnamespaced'
the way it was done for elements and attributes.

Best regards,
Ferdinand