If libs and stylesheets where moved to the plugin directory (where they belong) there could be two versions of the plugin

        0.2 using old fop
        0.3 using fop .94

As far as I can tell, these could then be used with Forrest 0.8 und higher and people had the option to use either fop-version with either Forrest version.

Btw. How can we maintain two plugins of the same name but with different versions in the plugin directory?

Thanks,
Ferdinand

David Crossley wrote:
Ross Gardler wrote:
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
We are almost there. The branch with FOP 94 is running
smoothly and I'm planning to merge it back by the end of
this week.
Cool!

Yes, congratulations.

The branch changes Forrest core and the pdf-plugin
Can I do a complete merge or will the plugin have to
become a new version?

I guess a new version is required or Forrest 0.8 runs into
problems when using the modified plugin 0.2 that calls for
libraries that it doesn't have.

So here is what I'll do:

- change version number of pdf-plugin in the branch to 0.3
- change required Forrest version number (but see below)

Yes, both the plugin number and the Forrest required version
number would be incremented.
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/dev/howto/howto-buildPlugin.html#descriptor

Please someone make sure that the existing plugin is deployed
to our website (both locations) before changing it.

- merge all changes
You should merge changes from the whole trunk into branch first and then
test. If all goes well you can merge back into trunk. This step is not
required but sometimes it sometimes highlights a change in trunk that
affects your changes in the branch.

- create an instruction file for using the new fop in 0.8
 by changing the plugin in properties to 0.3,
 adding the required libraries and replace the style sheets
If there are manual install steps needed I don't think it's a good idea
to claim that FOP is supported in 0.8 (hence change the minimal forrest
version). We don't want support requests for this so it should be
confident users only.

This will mean the autodownload will not work for this plugin and the
user will need to perform all steps manually including downloading the
plugin manually.

It would be better to do a 0.9 release.

-David