Thanks Ross for the thorough reply - it helped a lot:)

Den 5. jul. 2008 kl. 04.38 skrev David Crossley:

Ross Gardler wrote:
Sjur Moshagen wrote:

1. what is the best place to store default values for the plugin?

PLUGIN_HOME/default.plugin.properties.xml

2. where should the user specify default overrides? forrest.properties.xml?

yes.

Use a naming convention unique to the plugin, e.g. pdfOutput.fontFamily
to avoid naming conflicts

So lets standardise completely at "pluginType.pluginName.property", e.g.
output.pdf.fontFamily
internal.dispatcher.caching
input.projectInfo.project.fullname

+1

I will use the following:

output.pdf.fontFamily.serif
output.pdf.fontFamily.sansSerif
output.pdf.fontFamily.monospace

There might be use cases where the user wants to have a more fine- grained control of the font family specified, ie for the different text types (note, warning, tables, etc), but that is one step further. I'll first try to make this work.

I'm very soon off for a 4-week vacation - if I don't make it now, I'll continue afterwards.

Best regards,
Sjur