Sorry moderators. Resending from the correct address...

On 03/21/2017 05:55 PM, Brian M Dube wrote:
> On 03/20/2017 08:09 PM, David Crossley wrote:
>> Ah, i do not know. There must be some docs at ASF Infra.
>> I do know that the process has been refined and is ready now.
>>
>> We should have sorted ourselves before the first pull request.
>>
>> One issue will be that that mirror is way out-of-date. I presume that
>> it is still from the initial experiment many years ago.
>
> The github mirror is out of date, and it's unclear to me why that is.
> Github mirrors git://git.apache.org/forrest.git and that in turn is
> supposed to keep up with our main svn location. But that's not happening.

It's not happening because once upon a time in our svn history, we had a
branch name that was allowed by svn but disallowed by git. So now the
mirroring process with branches enabled cannot continue. Infra has
disabled branches for our mirror for the time being so that we can at
least sync svn trunk to git and deal with the current pull request.

Details at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-13719

My chat with infra also answered the question about contributions.
Membership in the github.com/apache organization does signify that ICLA
is on file and there is no issue accepting such a user's work.

>> Also we need the notifications to go to our svn@ list, not dev.
>
> Do you mean pull requests like the one below should go to svn@, or just
> commits?

It looks like this is handled at the Service Desk under Github Integration.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/servicedesk/customer/portal/1