Le 18/03/2021 à 21:55, Christoph Rüger a écrit :
On 2021/03/07 06:48:56, Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com> wrote:
Thanks and sorry for the late reply.

Not sure personally if I like the Slack idea here. Since Slack chat is by nature supposed
to be more real-time I imagine it makes sense if you have a larger community being
"always online" and interaction. For freemarker I think a more asynchronous
medium is better since it is currently more low-traffice. I could be wrong but I imagine
it a bit more silent chat, and not sure the useful content would be available for the
public.

The advantage of a forum like Discourse is the asynchronous nature and the
easier accessibility (public forum = indexed in google). I know the archive
https://lists.apache.org/list.html?dev@freemarker.apache.org is also index in
google...., but....wait a minute.... speaking of the archive I just realized
that it is possible to register online in the archive and even reply from
online directly on the website - what I am doing right now :)

So maybe this serves a similar purpose as I had in mind with discourse forum.
Discourse is a bit more feature rich with quoting, tagging, etc. but that's not
too important.

I think I will try it out that way and I am fine :) Forget my initial
suggestion.
Have a nice evening.

Yes, as we use to say in Apache: "if it's not in the ML it does not exist at
all". That's what I believe too ;)

Have a good weekend

Jacques