Hi Daniel,

Okay thank you for all the feedback. I will start to experiment in code a
little bit, but a few more lingering comments / questions:

# Comments
- Every project optionally ends with a jar, but again, you can tweak that
to your liking.
- Embedded Ant is pretty clean code (we use it a lot). Ant is a first class
citizen in Gradle and fully integrated syntax wise (it's not XML)
- Your comment on JavaCC is similar to multi-project architecture
- Gradle has built-in plugins for both Eclipse and Intellij with quite
powerful DSL for customization

# Questions
- The code directory structure is strange to me. By convention src means a
directory for all source code in multiple different languages. So it could
be something like src/main/java src/test/java src/main/groovy etc ...
However, you have other directories that sound to me like "resources" or
such rather than src like "ide-settings" and "manual". Furthermore, the
dist directory seems to hold generated artifacts. This should go in
somewhere under /build no? For example in Gradle the directory structure
under build contains among other directories things like "classes", "libs",
"reports", "test-results", and so on.
- I got confused by having src inside src, what does that mean? For example
.. src/main/misc/identifierChars/src/main/freemarker/adhoc
- Are you open / wanting to restructure the directory layout to something
more conventional, or do you prefer maintaining it? I ask because I think
the structure seems a bit unconventional and surprised me when I started to
look around.
- Are you folks actually using OSGI? I can see the file "osgi.bnd" in top
level directory. Is this something to worry about?
- What is the purpose of build.properties.sample?
- Do you have a preference for a remote repo? Jcenter is the biggest (
https://bintray.com/bintray/jcenter), but you might have specific
requirements from MavenCentral?

Too many questions, I know, but I'm having a bit of a challenge trying to
grok the structure of the application because this is the first thing to
define in Gradle (where things are).

Cheers,

Taher Alkhateeb