I have collected some further easy changes for FM3... Any comments?

- Drop FTL classic compatible mode option (Roughly emulates FM1
  behavior at null-s and at some type handling issues)

- Drop FTL non-strict syntax option (FM1 syntax - that's where you
  could write <if x> instead of <#if x>).

- Drop all the "public static void main(String[] args)" methods (security
concern)

- Drop freemarker.log. That's a simple log adapter facility from the
  ancient times of Java, kind of like commons-logging or slf4j. I
  would instead introduce slf4j-api as a required dependency.

- Drop legacy XML wrapper (freemarker.ext.xml, not to be confused with
  freemarker.ext.dom)

- Drop ant task (freemarker.ext.ant)

--
Thanks,