Okay so just to clarify things, we have 3 mailing lists under discussion:
- Apache OFBiz developer mailing list strictly for topics related to the
design and development of the OFBiz Project itself
- Apache OFBiz user mailing list for installation, deployment, custom
development and usage related topics
- Apache FreeMarker mailing list: They only have one list which you
mentioned.

So my recommendation to you was to redirect your question from dev@ofbiz to
user@ofbiz because your question is more relevant over there. I think you
misunderstood my suggestion and thought I meant the FreeMarker ML.

So there are two possible places to ask your question, the user mailing
list for OFBiz, or directly in the FreeMarker mailing list. I think it
makes more sense to ask in the user list of OFBiz because you need
FreeMarker in the context of OFBiz but it's up to you.

So there you, I hope this explains things!