Saturday, August 26, 2017, 10:44:03 AM, Daniel Dekany wrote:

[snip]
>   <#macro foo>
>     <#local status = 'blah'>
>     <@spring.bind "user.name">
>       ${status.value} <#-- Means 'blah'.value, won't work -->

To clarify, here I have assumed that spring.bind calls
env.setVariable("status", ...) internally. Then the local with the
same name shadows that tempolate-namespace scoped variable.

[snip]
> With nested content parameter it's also more obvious what's going on,
> and if you chose a shorter name it's not that verbose either:
>
>   <@spring.bind "user.name"; s>
>     ${s.value} <#-- Means 'blah'.value, won't work -->
[snip]

Eh... of course the comment is outdated here. It will work in this
case. `s` can't be hidden by anyone there, it wouldn't mater if we had
<#local s = 'blah'> for example.

--
Thanks,
 Daniel Dekany