Monday, September 25, 2017, 7:23:14 PM, Woonsan Ko wrote:

> I'd like to volunteer for that.
> Assuming there's a voting process, I guess the release process will
> happen next week or afterward, right?

The actual release yes, but the duty of the Release Manager is to take
care of the whole process. That's starting with checking if the thing
is ready and publishing it internally for a preview, then achieving
community consensus (which for us means a voting on dev@freemarker,
and if that passes then another voting on general@incubator), then
actually pushing the distribution. But
http://freemarker.org/committer-howto.html#making-releases describes
all these steps. (There are also official resources like
http://www.apache.org/dev/#releases and
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html, but the
point of the how-to is that you don't have to read them.)

As you will note if you read the above, you will need a PGP signature
and certain rights to commit into some repos and to do things on
Nexus. So you will have to start with requesting those rights.

> I'm asking this because my laptop got broken before the last week
> and I'm waiting for a new laptop to be delivered this week. If it is
> next week or afterward, I'll be prepared properly.

If in the light of the above you are still willing to do this, I will
wait.

--
Thanks,
 Daniel Dekany