Congratulations Daniel and to all the persons who participated to this
endeavour. A new one begins :)

Jacques

Le 23/03/2018 à 20:59, Daniel Dekany a écrit :
To quote the relevant part from the ASF Board Meeting Summary of March
21, 2018:

   The following resolutions were passed unanimously:

     A. Establish the Apache FreeMarker Project (Dániel Dékány VP)

So now that this uncertainty was eliminated, we can feel much more
motivated to push FM ahead. We were awarded with the additional trust
associated to the "Apache" brand, so let's put code behind it that
fits the modern standards, by which I mean FM3. Of course, FM2 also
needs to be maintained, even receive new features. But I believe FM3
is absolutely necessary for growth, adoption in new projects.

It will take a while until all the "paper work" and infrastructural
changes are done
(https://incubator.apache.org/guides/transferring.html). But we don't
have to wait for all of that to release 2.3.28 as non-incubating, so I
hope that will be done sometimes next week.