I would like to propose a new ‘export artifacts’ GFSH command, as well as some
changes to existing GFSH export commands.  (See
https://geode.apache.org/docs/guide/tools_modules/gfsh/command-pages/export.html

<https://geode.apache.org/docs/guide/tools_modules/gfsh/command-pages/export.html>
 for a list of the current commands.)

There are some inconsistencies in the destinations of the current GFSH export
commands.  Some commands (e.g. 'export logs’) export to a given directory on
the executing member (server or locator).   Other commands (e.g. ‘export
cluster-configuration’) export to a given directory on the GFSH client machine.
(This makes far more sense, and is what I would have expected as a user.)  I
propose to reconcile all export commands to target an export directory on the
GFSH client machine, rather than on the executing cluster member.
Export cluster-configuration (which exports the existing cluster configuration
of a cluster to a zip file) has parameters for both —zip-file-name and —dir.  I
think it makes more sense to have one parameter, say —zip-file, that can take
either a relative path to a zip file (“—zip-file=myExport.zip”,
“—zip-file=logs/myExport.zip") or an absolute path including directories
(“—zip-file=/logs/myExport.zip”) rather than having two separate parameters.
I propose to add an ‘export artifacts’ GFSH command that would export all log
files and stat files from all the members of a cluster to a single zip file on
the GFSH client machine.  This would provide a convenient mechanism for an
administrator to collect together all of the files necessary to troubleshoot
problems in their Geode cluster.

- Jared