While creating a region in geode you can specify --total-max-memory
which should limit the amount of memory used the the region entries.
ref:
https://geode.apache.org/docs/guide/tools_modules/gfsh/command-pages/create.html#topic_54B0985FEC5241CA9D26B0CE0A5EA863

I created a region of type PARTITION_OVERFLOW with total-max-memory
set, I can see that this attribute is there in the the partition
attributes for the region on server, but when the amount of data
crossed the total-max-memory limit it did not start overflowing old
entries to disk, after some time(memory usage is almost 10x greater
than total-max-memory) the heap lru(which is based on total jvm head)
kicks in and starts evicting entries.

Is there any additional setting which has to be done to trigger
eviction when total-max-memory limit is reached for a region.

-Sri