Yes, Eclipse can import Gradle projects through the Eclipse Buildship,
https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/tools.buildship. I have not tested
with Geode for verification it can handle some the custom tasks we have.

I think it may be time to not use the Eclipse or Idea plugins from Gradle.
The Gradle plugins came first, however, I think both IDEA and Eclipse have
both surpassed the level of functionality we are getting with the Gradle
plugins.

--Mark