For geode-examples I think it makes sense that they are on released with
geode (which they are, see
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/Release+Steps). We are
currently adding examples for features that will be available in geode 1.4,
so we want those to be released in sync with geode 1.4.The geode-examples
are not in separate repo to have a separate release cycle. They are in a
separate repo to make it easy for someone to just clone the example source
and start using it.

Back to the original question - we've been trying to make sure the java
examples in geode-examples get compiled and run as part of the travis build
for the geode-examples repo. Any PR for the geode-examples repo goes
through that travis build. I think the C# examples also need compile and
run otherwise they will rot and be hard to maintain. If it's too hard to
get them to compile as part of geode-examples, moving them into
geode-native and building them as part of that build process seems like a
good start.

-Dan