Hi folks,

Please review the below draft of our report to the board for this past quarter
and offer corrections. As Mark mentioned, we need to submit the draft ASAP,
preferably before the weekend. Please review and comment by 5p Pacific Time
tomorrow (i.e., about 24 hours from now).

I do have one question regarding the mailing list health: Does anyone have
any thoughts about the decline in email count to the Dev list? We have
about half the number of emails to the Dev list as we had in the previous
quarter, and that number also declined between the previous two reports. I
suspect that this might be related to the creation of the Issues email list
(and that the number has now stabilized), but I wanted to put it to the
community.

Thanks!
Joey

- Apache Geode provides a database-like consistency model, reliable
transaction
  processing and a shared-nothing architecture to maintain low-latency
  performance with high-concurrency processing.

## Issues:
- There are no issues requiring board attention.

## Activity:
- Released Geode 1.3.0 with 371 resolved tickets, including the following
  improvements:
  - Finer-grained security
  - The ability to snapshot multiple regions simultaneously
  - New Geode examples:
    - Putting multiple values at once
    - Demonstrating Lucene indexing and searching

## Health report:
- We’re continuing to work on attracting new contributors and making it
easier
  to participate in the community.
- Mailing list activity is healthy.
- Work has started toward the next Geode 1.4.0 release, with a plan to
include
  the new client/server protocol.

## PMC changes:
- Currently 41 members
- New PMC members:
  - David Kimura was added to the PMC on Sun Sep 10 2017.
  - Galen O'Sullivan was added to the PMC on Mon Sep 25 2017.
  - Mike Stolz was added to the PMC on Sun Oct 29 2017.
  - Nick Reich was added to the PMC on Thu Oct 19 2017.
  - Patrick Rhomberg was added to the PMC on Tue Oct 31 2017.

## Committer base changes:
- Currently 86 committers.
- New committers:
  - David Kimura was added as a committer on Mon Sep 11 2017.
  - Galen O'Sullivan was added as a committer on Tue Sep 05 2017.
  - Mike Stolz was added as a committer on Sat Oct 21 2017.
  - Nick Reich was added as a committer on Sat Oct 14 2017.
  - Patrick Rhomberg was added as a committer on Wed Nov 01 2017.

## Releases:
- Most recent release was 1.3.0 on Tue Oct 31 2017. Geode 1.3.0 contains a
  number of bug fixes and improvements, including finer-grained security and
  the ability to snapshot multiple regions simultaneously.
  - Release notes:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/Release+Notes#ReleaseNotes-1.3.0
  - Release artifacts: http://geode.apache.org/releases/
  - Release documentation:
    http://geode.apache.org/docs/guide/13/about_geode.html

## Mailing list activity:
- dev@geode.apache.org:

- iss...@geode.apache.org:
  - 55 subscribers (down 1 in the last 3 months):

- u...@geode.apache.org:

## JIRA activity: