Since we are working on enhancing Lucene support to allow adding a Lucene
index to an existing region containing data, I am very interested in the
decision here.
Like Mike, I also prefer keeping the original behavior of updating cluster
config with both the region and the index if it was not there before.
Is there something preventing you from checking cluster config for a region
of the same name but different properties and, if so, throwing an exception
(or warning)
that cluster config could not be updated due to this collision?