The Spring world/community are heavy users of Lombok.

In essence it is "nice", BUT it does now add a new dependency on a library that is to provide functionality that developers should provide. IJ Idea does provide support for Lombok.

I have not yet seen any code bloat that Lombok could reduce for us. Also, the reduction is only in terms of "visible", the compiled class might be more verbose.

Kotlin on the other hand, as some of the boilerplate code built in as a language feature. I prefer that over choosing a library, that might have compatibility issues in the future.

Also, Kotlin's conciseness is also a language feature rather than library plugin. I've also seen cases where compiled Java was larger than the equivalent compiled Kotlin code.

--Udo