Hi everyone,

As part of work on the proposed Cluster Management API (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/Cluster+Management+Service),
some of us have been exploring introducing Kotlin into the codebase. One of
the things I personally love about Kotlin is null references being
controlled by the type system, reducing the incidence of null pointer
errors.

Other pros can be found here:
https://kotlinlang.org/docs/reference/comparison-to-java.html

We have made a very basic PR as to how this could potentially work.
Personally, I see this usecase as less of a chance to shine for Kotlin than
other potential usecases within geode, because of the fact that we'd still
end up using a lot of Java objects from geode-core in order to exercise the
"create region" functionality. However, I could make a case for Kotlin just
from the fact that it is a more modern language.

Would love to get people's feedback on what they think about introducing
Kotlin to the geode codebase, and whether it makes sense for the Cluster
Management API.

https://github.com/apache/geode/pull/3049

Thanks,
-Aditya