I'm eyeballing the ide.gradle file we have and am wondering if it is cruft
from many iterations of both Gradle and IntelliJ/Eclipse ago.

In my own IntelliJ workflow, I have always just asked IntelliJ to open the
gradle project via the build.gradle itself, and it's easy to import other
modules into my workspace via Import Module from Existing Sources...  I've
never had to deal with running ./gradlew idea to configure a project IML
which I needed to merge against another project file.

Is this the workflow others are using?  Or is the idea plugin here a
hanger-on that should be removed as no longer necessary?

Also, as an IntelliJ user, I have zero experience on how the workflow for
Eclipse is similar or different.  The closures in our ide.gradle appear to
be similar, but I don't have the Eclipse-side context to confirm or deny
that.

Thanks in advance for any additional insight.

Imagination is Change.
~Patrick