Other people including Barry have run into it as well.

No, I'm not using --offline, but I will try --refresh-dependencies. The
only thing *weird* that I'm doing is building a composite build for one of
my checkouts.

I'm sure I can find a way to fix it for myself if you believe we need to
use mavenLocal.

Thanks,
Kirk