There appears to be consensus that this is a critical fix.

The following commits have been brought into support/1.10.0
<https://github.com/apache/geode/tree/release/1.10.0> as the critical fix for
GEODE-7001 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEODE-7001>:

git cherry-pick -x 81f8f9c1ca1ec9a591287905e559051284117057
<https://github.com/apache/geode/commit/81f8f9c1ca1ec9a591287905e559051284117057>
git cherry-pick -x c2ef3c682c885b4d49aad51edc1c11e80553bdfa
<https://github.com/apache/geode/commit/c2ef3c682c885b4d49aad51edc1c11e80553bdfa>

GEODE-7001 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEODE-7001> has been marked
as 'resolved in' 1.10.0.

-Owen