While we can’t fix *all known bugs*, I think where we do have a fix for an
important issue we should think hard about the cost of not including that in a
release.

IMO, the fixed time approach to releases means that we *start* the release
effort (including stabilization and bug fixing if needed) on a known date and
we *finish* when new believe the quality of the release branch is sufficient.
Given the number of important fixes being requested, I’m not sure we are there
yet.

I think the release branch concept has merit because it allows us to isolate
ongoing work from the changes needed for a release.

+1 for including GEODE-7079.

Anthony