Normally cherry-picking to the release branch is the release managers job
(Dick in this case) [1]. He asked me to help out while he was on vacation,
so I will go ahead and cherry-pick it over.

I kinda like the process Jake proposed though - creating a PR against the
release branch. My only concern would be that maybe it would be too easy
for someone to accidentally merge to the release branch without realizing
that was the target?  Still might be better than making the release manager
do the cherry-pick.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/Releasing+Apache+Geode

-Dan