+1 to Juan's comment.  I wonder if it would make sense just to have a
variation on the existing create() method.  Either have a createPaused()
method or add an overload for create() that takes a startPaused boolean.
That will really drive home that the AsyncEventQueue will be created in a
paused state.  I personally would prefer the overload with extra parameter,
but I think either approach would be fine.

Thanks,
Ryan