This problem has happened before, and will probably happen in the future.
Recently we adjusted the Geode release process to dictate that the Geode
release manager will handle the merging of approved changes to a release
branch while also allowing the community time for input and discussion on
those. In this case, neither happened. The change was merged by the
committer as soon as there were three votes and I as the release manager
failed to communicate the intended process to them before that happened.

This process needs to be an on-going discussion for us as a community.
What, when and how changes come into a release branch after creation and
until its release. It's enough to scare off future Release Manager
volunteers if not solved.

The GEODE-7208 change is already moving through the 1.10.0 pipeline and is
(at the moment) the final change for 1.10.0.RC2 moving us closer to
release.

Udo- would you consider making your vote a +0 and then being part of the
future work towards improving this part of the process rather than having
to revert the change due to your minus one?