There is also one other positive of having it in the ASF repo which is
visibility to other people committing breaking changes. That might help with
coordination.

Thanks,
Mark

On 6/3/20, 10:51 AM, "Nabarun Nag" <n...@vmware.com> wrote:

    Thank you Aaron.

    We will continue using feature branch in ASF repo for development of PR
clear work.

    Yes, we can manage access to personal/non-ASF hosted forks but I do not
have the list of people to set that up. This is automatic default when we
create in ASF repositories.

    Also, I am vehemently against using one person's personal fork for massive
collaborative open source feature development involving the entire Geode
Community. Every collaborator should have the same rights on the source code
rather than a gatekeeper.

    But again, I agree it is wrong to use the repo to create short living
branches with single contributor and then not cleaning up after the branch is
merged.

    Regards
    Naba