From: Udo Kohlmeyer <u...@vmware.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 9, 2020 3:55 PM
To: dev@geode.apache.org <dev@geode.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [Proposal] - RFC etiquette

Donal,

You have very valid points. All of which only pertain to the “HOW” or “IF” an
RFC should be written. This being a completely different problem to what I’m
proposing. I’m willing to comment on any proposal that were to address these
issues. :)

This proposal is largely aimed at, if there is an existing RFC, we don’t try
and rush it through and provide more context to reviewers to better comment on
use case, technical approach or overall soundness of the proposal. If we keep
aiming RFC’s at specialized technical knowledge, we will definitely lose
reviewers who have not looked at that code in a long time. If the use case(s)
are at least described than we can have many reviewers who can comment on the
feature or technical approach without being intimate with all the inner
workings of the system.

I believe this approach will help with an overall better understanding of the
systems behavior.

—Udo