Consider the use case of an application developer who wants to run
geode-examples against the latest geode release:

1) brew install apache-geode
2) git clone geode-examples
3) Get some runtime errors because geode-examples won’t connect to a previous
geode release

At this point, you have to do some detective work to either download the
geode-examples from the corresponding source release or switch over to the
appropriate git tag.

I think there’s value in maintaining a default branch of geode-examples that
tracks the latest release.

Anthony