+1

I think we as a project will need to iterator on the code owners as well as the
process for code owners.  But this is a model that has been adopted by a number
of OSS projects both within and outside of Apache.  I like that it provides
visibility to PR authors and associates motivated experts to review and merge
changes.

Anthony