Udo, you’re correct that individual servers can set the property independently.
I was assuming this is more like the ’security-manager` property and others
that require all cluster members to be in agreement.

I’m not sure I understand the use case to allow this setting to be per-member.
That makes it pretty challenging to reason about what is happening in a cluster
when doing root cause analysis. There is even an API to change this value
dynamically:
https://geode.apache.org/docs/guide/12/managing/monitor_tune/performance_controls_controlling_socket_use.html

…but I’ve only seen that used to make function threads/sockets follow the
correct setting.

Anthony

On Nov 20, 2020, at 11:23 AM, Udo Kohlmeyer