From: Patrick Johnson <jpatr...@vmware.com>
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2021 8:35 PM
To: dev@geode.apache.org <dev@geode.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] RFC - Add option to allow newer Geode clients to connect
to older Geode servers

It sounds like you intend to test which versions are compatible with each other
and maintain a list the client can use to reject the setting of force-version
when set to an incompatible version. If that’s the case, why not just have the
handshake look at that list and automatically connect with any versions that it
is known to be compatible with? Then you wouldn’t even have to set the property.