PR?

I sometimes forget to create my PRs in Draft mode, and may still be running
additional tests, so I'd prefer not to have anyone but me merging my PR.

On 3/19/21, 10:47 AM, "Nabarun Nag" <n...@vmware.com> wrote:

    Just a small change, a PR against the support branch is enough. (No need to
add reviewers etc.). I just realized we can filter on a branch in the PR list.

    Regards,
    Nabarun
    ________________________________
    From: Nabarun Nag <n...@vmware.com>
    Sent: Friday, March 19, 2021 10:31 AM
    To: dev@geode.apache.org <dev@geode.apache.org>
    Subject: [DISCUSS] Backporting to support branches

    Hi,

    I would like to propose that if any JIRA needs to be backported to support
branches:

    For Developers:

      *   Add the label "blocks-1.1x" to the JIRA ticket
      *   There is no need to send out a PROPOSAL email to dev
      *   Just create the cherry-picked  PR to the support branch and tag the
Release Manager as a reviewer or just tag in the comments section if you are
not a committer. (ensure no merge conflicts)

    NOTE: Ensure that the commit you are trying to backport is already merged
into develop. Also, the PR against the support branch needs to be a cherry
pick. (git cherry-pick -x)

    For Release Manager:

      *   Monitor the release dashboard for "blocks-1.1x" tickets
      *   Send out communications if there are any issues.
      *   Squash-merge the PR if it the commit message is properly structured
with cherry pick message in the last line.

    Regards
    Nabarun