Unfortunately, I do think the attic is a very real possibility.

@John Blum <jb...@vmware.com> Officially, I do not think we (Geode) or ASF
have any type of release support policy (I searched but could not find
anything), it is open-source for better or worse. VMware or any other
company can pick up support if they so choose. Would have it been better
for corporate sponsors to give support to a final release and give a proper
send off? Yes, but we are where we are now. As for artifacts, yes they will
live and remain as-is.

--Mark