Hello devs,

I started a parallel activity to tease out CI work on using ASF jenkins and
also Github actions (though GHA has several issues). I wanted to provide
some updates on these efforts and seek if others are interested to
collaborate.

Jenkins - Was waiting for INFRA to create a high level folder[1] to host
all Geode jobs and have a basic unit test pipeline[2] that runs tests on
Ubuntu using Oracle JDK 8. While there are failing tests[3] that need some
help, I am still exploring ways to write pipelines and include multiple
JDKs into a single JOB, so we can build using 8 while we test using 11.

GHA - While it is super quick and easy to start writing a pipeline[4] using
"matrix and strategy", There are few tests[5] failing consistently using
Adopt JDK 8 on Ubuntu.

[1] https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Geode/
[2]
https://github.com/apache/geode/blob/4abcdc06af536e1188e0f8c432e9b768c175d8c0/.jenkins/Jenkinsfile