>From a technology readiness perspective, hosting the docs on a different
(Apache) site should not be too hard; I've built the docs locally and on
AWS without any major issues.

Irrespective of the hosting location, the content license needs to be fixed
- as per the current github repo [1], it still has Pivotal copyright though
the generated pages (ruby/ markdown to HTML) has ASF copyright in the
footer.

Nitin
[1] https://github.com/project-geode/docs