From: Anthony Baker [mailto:aba...@pivotal.io]
Sent: Monday, November 07, 2016 01:20
To: geode
Subject: Re: classpath in geode release

> On Nov 6, 2016, at 7:47 AM, Gal Palmery <gal.palm...@amdocs.com> wrote:
>
> Clarification -
> This is in the geode-dependencies.jar and gfsh-dependencies.jar that were
> created by the local build that I run on my PC.
> I downloaded the 1.0.0-incubating release and built it using the following
> command:
>>      gradlew clean build installDist -Dskip.tests=true

Yep, this looks like a bug, though probably harmless.  The geode-core
dependencies pull in v2.8.0 transitively:

+--- com.fasterxml.jackson.core:jackson-databind:2.8.2
|    +--- com.fasterxml.jackson.core:jackson-annotations:2.8.0
|    \--- com.fasterxml.jackson.core:jackson-core:2.8.2

while the geode-pulse and geode-web-api modules pull in v2.8.2 with an explicit
dependency.  These should be filtered when we build the classpath.  See
GEODE-2078.

> where can I find these jars (geode-dependencies.jar and
> gfsh-dependencies.jar) that are created each nightly build?
> I tried in the maven central repository, but they are not there.

There jars aren’t published to maven as they are manifest-only jars meant for
cmd line usage.  The build artifacts can be found in jenkins (see
https://builds.apache.org/job/Geode-nightly) but those should only be used for
development purposes and are not official releases.