On 25/08/2004 2:45 AM, John Woolsey wrote:

I am trying to deploy my bean and I need to add the jar to the classpath (I
know rewrite my classloader) so that I can see classes and interfaces in the
jar. Just wondering for a good spot to look for that.

- thanx - JAW

Hi John,

I do not understand exactly what you are trying to achieve. Yet, if you are trying to deploy (Enterprise Java)bean, then you just have to package them as you were used to do it. Having said that, Geronimo is not yet able to handle Class-Path entries defined in Manifest files. Hence, if you are trying to deploy an (Enterprise Java)bean using this mechanism, then you may face some ClassNotFoundException.

Could you please provide more details on your needs?

FYI, Dain speaks of Geronimo's class-loading strategy there:
http://www.theserverside.com/talks/videos/DainSundstrom/dsl/interview.html

I think that you should check it out to understand what it buys you as an end-user.

Thanks,
Gianny