On 25/08/2004 2:43 AM, Prem kalyan wrote:

hi all,
      I am going through the security part of geronimo and the
corresponding deployment descriptor elements.I have few questions in
this regard

1. What are all the different security realms supported in geronimo.
2. What values does the attribute 'realm-name' in tag <realm> takes.

Hi Prem,

I think that you should have a look to a previous thread named "Security providers". Alan is describing how the security layer is implemented and covers more or less these questions.

3. What is the equivalent in geronimo for "filerealm" in weblogic.

If you have a look in var/security of a Geronimo installation, you will see for instance a users.properties file. This guy is to Geronimo what fileRealm.properties is for WebLogic (OK, the WebLogic one does not store the password in clear).

Cheers,
Gianny