On Oct 7, 2004, at 3:06 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

On Oct 7, 2004, at 1:39 PM, David Jencks wrote:

On Oct 7, 2004, at 12:44 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

On Oct 7, 2004, at 12:30 PM, David Jencks wrote:

Right, I was trying to use a checkout from the previous version of maven.xml. I don't know why it didn't work, but after m:co m:update works.

Cool

Now I'm having what I consider a severe problem with m:idea. I think it should include the spec modules but it doesn't.

David, I think you are the only one that regularly builds specs, so if you want to add it to your idea build, just change this in your project.properties file

maven.idea.project.multiproject.includes=${maven.multiproject.include s},specs/*/project.xml

What I want is for m:idea to recognize that project dependencies to specs are to other modules that are part of geronimo, so you can work with the spec classes in idea in the generated projects. (this only works with my maven-idea-plugin patch). I'm fine with your extra target for actually building the specs.

Will it link specs binaries to the maven repo or to target/xxxxx-version.jar?

not sure what you mean. What I'm talking about can be seen in the idea project configuration for a module: instead of a spec subproject being listed as a "library" it will be listed as a "dependency". As a result, the source code is available from the using module. For instance, pressing F4 on a class name will find the source code, not decompile the binary.

david jencks

Another thing that defeats automatic dependency recognition is use of the aggregated spec jar rather than the jars that are related to the source locations.

You could switch all of the modules over to not use the aggregated dependencies, but it will be a ton of work....

-dain